Two Day Aquaponic Training Course: May 31st – June 1st, 2014Online registration Mail in registration Hotel/Lodging info
Are you interested in owning and operating an Aquaponic farm or do you already have an AP system operating? Are you looking to invest in Controlled Environment Agriculture, Aquaponics or Hydroponics? Do you want to build a back yard Aquaponic system, or just curious to learn more about this exciting farming method? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This two day class will run May 31st, 9am to 5pm, and June 1st, 9am to 2pm.
- Aquaculture, from tanks to pumps to choosing the right species of fish.
- Hydroponic horticulture, where we will cover everything from system design to crop selection and planting techniques.We show you how to successfully merge aquaculture and hydroponics to get a fully functioning Aquaponic system!
- Controlled Environment Agriculture specific lessons and modules.
NEW MATERIAL ADDED FOR THIS CLASS!!!!!!
Thinking about starting your own operation? You can not afford to not have this information!
- Lessons learned from the Aqua Vita Farms 13,000 square foot indoor Aquaponic farm formerly in Sherrill, New York.
- Design considerations, what we did, what worked and what works best.
- In depth startup and operational costs.
- REAL WORLD REVENUE DATA
- The owner/operators of AVF will show you what is wrong with current bio-filtration and mineralization designs in use today!
- Fish Health Issues.
- REAL WORLD EXPENSE DATA
- The $60,000 Dual Flow Linear Mineralization system fix.
- Biosecurity "BAD BUGS" What Aphids did to us and what we did to them.
- The Aquaponic System Nutrient Issue.
- REAL WORLD YIELD DATA
The course will be taught at the Cornell Cooperative Extension facility in Oriskany, New York and include the benefit of a functioning Aquaponic system constructed by Aqua Vita Farms Consulting. Students will not only have the opportunity to learn from our experienced staff but also touch, see, feel, and work with these concepts.
A 1 hour lunch break will be taken each day; students are encouraged to bring a lunch, however there are several options for meals within a short drive. Space is limited for this class! To reserve your spot today you must register no later than May 23, 2014.
Questions? Looking for lodging? Email: email@example.com
- May 31, 2014 - 9a.m. to 5p.m.
- June 1, 2014 - 9a.m. to 2p.m.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
121 Second Street
Oriskany, NY 13424
Click here for map/directions
- $300.00 per person paid/postmarked by April 30, 2014
- $350.00 per person paid/postmarked after May 1, 2014
- Please remit payment by check, money order or PayPal no later than May 23, 2014